Kind Kid SpotlightA huge round of "a-paws" for the kids who have done great things for Yavapai Humane Society! If you've done a project for the animals and would like to tell us about it, send an email and you could have your picture right here next to your fellow animal lovers!
Kid-Friendly Volunteer IdeasMany children and their parents ask us how they can raise money to help the animals. We LOVE to meet these animal loving superstars when they come into the shelter with their efforts. You can even be featured in the Kind Kid Spotlight!
- Create a team to walk in the Walk for the Animals or walk with your family
- Hold a lemonade stand or bake sale
- Start a Pennies for Puppies drive at your school
- Collect your change in a piggy bank
- Run a "shelter pet supplies" drive and gather donations of kitten and puppy food, doggy pill pockets, treats, and hand sanitizer
- Make a braided fleece cat toy or a homemade cat scratcher