FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Yavapai Humane Society Statement Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Prescott, AZ — The threat of COVID-19 has generated understandable concern within Yavapai County. The health and well-being of Yavapai Humane Society’s (YHS) customers, donors, community partners, staff, volunteers and our animals is a top priority! We are continuing to monitor new developments daily, even hourly and making adjustments in our plan to protect against the spread of COVID-19. YHS has taken the following steps internally:
- Require staff and volunteers to continue to practice good personal health hygiene.
- Increased cleaning & disinfecting within our buildings and operations, including wiping down and sanitizing all doorknobs and surfaces hourly.
- Require staff and volunteers who are feeling ill to stay home.
Effective immediately and until further notice, YHS will be phasing in the additional measures listed below to further protect our customers and animal caregivers:
- YHS Adoptions will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made on our website at yavapaihumane.org , through our Facebook page or by calling us at 928-445-2666. Appointments will be available Monday – Sunday from 10:00am to 3:30pm. All customers will go through infection avoidance procedures prior to entering the building.
- Our Lost & Found department will not be taking in any surrenders except for dogs under 20lbs. We are asking anyone who can delay relinquishing their pet to please do so. We are focusing our resources on the animals currently in our care and need to be ready to respond to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Processing of dog licensing is cancelled.
- Our Spay/Neuter & Wellness Clinic is closed.
- Our Thrift Store is closed, however they are still accepting donations.
- All YHS training sessions, meetings, and off-site hosted events will be cancelled.
- Anyone that is ill will NOT be allowed within YHS locations.
Be assured that we will have staff available to feed, clean and provide enrichment for the animals in our care. We take our public responsibility to help and protect animals very seriously.
Please follow us on Facebook where we’ll continue to share YHS updates and animal stories. YHS is monitoring the changing circumstances regarding COVID-19 very closely to protect the health and safety of our community and our animals.
March 24, 2020
Yavapai Humane Society Marketing Manager
928-458-9992 X 117