I have had a passion for animals for as long as I can remember. I volunteer for many reasons but first and foremost, I want to help animals in need, especially ones in our community, to the best of my capability. And second, I love getting to know the people who have a passion for animals as much as I do.
In my mind, there are few greater joys in life than the unconditional love offered by a companion animal. Helping in any small way to enable people the opportunity to experience that joy through a rescue animal motivates me.
“Rescues are the BEST!” (My new mantra since adopting Mahogany at YHS.) It’s a privilege to give back to the organization which makes these adoptions possible.
From the time we started fostering YHS kittens, I was hooked. These animals have given us so much joy. I have watched as YHS has continued serve this community and has provided amazing care to the animals. The staff is amazing, and I am privileged to be part of such an exceptional organization.
Many of my childhood pictures included a dog or cat sitting on my lap and decades later, nothing has changed. Living in Mexico and working with animal rescues for several years has cemented my commitment to making a diﬀerence and providing animals with a second chance. Karen Davison said it best, “Saving one dog will not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will change forever”. Our Mexican street dogs, Canela and Diego remind me each day how much we can change an animal’s life. I am honored and eager to be part of a YHS team, who positively impacts the cats, dogs, horses and more of Yavapai County and beyond, every single day.
The Yavapai Humane Society Board of Directors is a team of people who want to make a difference in our community and acknowledge the powerful, unconditional love given to us by companion animals.
the board members:
- have skills and/or experience in at least one of the following areas: Accounting/Finance, Facilities/Construction, Fundraising, Government Relations, HR/Compensation, Leadership, Legal, Marketing/PR, Non-Profit Management, Project/Program Management, Strategic Planning, Technology.
- attend monthly Board meetings.
- serve on a Board Committee (Compensation, Facilities, Finance/Audit, Fundraising, or Governance).
- are YHS Sustaining Donors.
The YHS Board of Directors is a policy making and fiscal oversite Board. As such it:
- develops and updates the strategic plan to successfully carry out our mission now and in the future.
- establishes and supports the Organization’s programs.
- provides fiscal oversight to include reviewing the annual audit, approving the annual budget, and reviewing/approving all major contracts to ensure monies donated to YHS are used in a fiscally responsible manner.
- updates Board policies and approves new Board policies as needed to ensure legal and ethical integrity.
- establishes annual Board goals to effectively steer the organization and it’s programs.
- selects, oversees, and evaluates the YHS Executive Director.
If you are interested in learning more about our Board, please contact us at: