As the Yavapai Humane Society (YHS) celebrates its 50th anniversary many ask how they can help support our mission to protect the health, safety and welfare of our community’s homeless pets. YHS appreciates the kindness and generosity of our community to help fund our life-saving programs and services. Here are some of the ways you can help:
1. Donate!: Visit our website YavapaiHumane.org and donate! There are many donation type options suited to your wishes.
2. Become a YHS member. You can do this online or by sending a check to the Yavapai Humane Society, P.O. Box 12, Prescott, AZ, 86301. There are six levels of membership ($35, $65, $100, $250, $500, $1,000). Each level comes with special benefits described on our website – or call for more information (445-2666, ext.12).
3. Join P.A.W.S. (Planned Account Withdrawal System): Set an amount and give automatically each month and be a life-saver all year long.
4. Corporate sponsorship: Businesses of all sizes have sponsored YHS to help raise their profile in the community. Call YHS to learn how to sponsor YHS and have a presence at the Walk for the Animals and our Reigning Cats & Dogs Gala, and more!
5. Honorary and memorial gifts: You can honor someone special, or a special occasion such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays, and weddings. A memorial gift is a beautiful and compassionate tribute to a person or pet who has passed on.
6. Planned giving: This takes many forms and could provide additional income and/or reduce the amount of taxes you pay. Learn how to create a humane legacy to help YHS by contacting YHS Board director and financial adviser Dan Petz at 443-8712 for a free financial evaluation.
7. Pet guardianship: Many worry what will become of their pet should they die first. The YHS Pet Guardianship program ensures your pet(s) have a home if something happens to you.
8. Donate a vehicle: Donating a running or non-running car, truck or other vehicle is tax-deductible and a great way to help homeless animals.
9. Third-party fundraising: Many organizations and businesses hold a pet supply drive, create a memorial fundraising page, or give a percentage of their business’s sales. There are many fun ways to raise money for YHS through third-party fundraising. Consider helping YHS raise funds for an X-ray machine!
10. Donate items to and shop at the YHS Thrift Shop: The shop is always in need of quality new or gently used items to sell. The proceeds go directly to helping the animals we shelter. What a great reason to clean out your garage, closet, or just downsize!
11. Volunteering brings new energy and expertise to our organization and helps people better understand how YHS makes a difference in the lives of animals and people in Yavapai County.
Please visit our website at https://yavapaihumane.org/ for answers to any questions you may have about helping YHS. Please contact us directly with your ideas. Your help is both needed and appreciated!